Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mommy Time

It is so easy to forget about life besides being a mom. Now there are times where yes we must sacrifice just about everything for our kids. I've been doing it for about 3 and half years now. But recently I've realized not only is it healthy for me have some "Me" time but Squeaker can use the time without mommy.

I have to admit this is not the first time I've tried to spend time regular time for myself. This is probably for 4th or 5th time I've made a go at it. You know what I learned all those tries? That having regular "Me" time takes just as much commitment and effort as taking care of Squeaker. I have to set a time, a little bit of planning and seize opportunities as they come up. I can't assume that Trey will make the time for me to take a break or do something for myself. I have to let Trey know I need a break, or once Squeaker is asleep do something I want. Now this means there are times I choose to sew instead of doing dishes, or I take a bath when I normally would fold laundry. But I am learning that if I take the time out for me that somehow all that other stuff still happens. And not only does it happen but I'm happier about life.

So what am I doing now that is making me so happy? I started working out. I bought the Insanity workout program, new shoes, and I'm going to do the whole program. Yes it's brutal, especially since I'm still fighting a cold. But I'm in love. It's a great workout, I'm going to get fit, and it's just for me. Movement is essential to keeping my Fibromyalgia in check and well I've decided if I'm going to hurt it's going to be on my terms, not just because my body thinks it should.

To make the process complete I started using a new sugar scrub every other night during my after workout showers. This scrub alone could make you want to just hang out in the shower until all the hot water is gone. It smells great, feels wonderful, and is homemade.

Super Easy Sugar Scrub


1/2 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup of honey. 
Mix it up.
Use middle and ring finger to scrub in circular motions on skin. 
Rinse.

Yup that is it. Now I has some honey that had crystallized. Which I softened by heating the container in a water-bath. Then poured it in the mix. So I made a batch big enough to accommodate the honey I had. Also since olive oil is expensive so I used plain ole' cooking oil. Placed it in an air tight container to store. When you want to use some in the shower take some out into a bowl. That way you aren't getting water into you big mix, and you have it ready whenever you want it. Just remember that the oil can make the tub and your feet slippery so be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment